Watch “SHARK TANK FOR CANNABIS” Now!
Amazon and iTunes
“Smoked Shark Tank” (Market Watch)
Ganjapreneurs Offered Over $13 million in financing
DENVER (June 29, 2016) — The first ever television show about investing in Cannabis, The Marijuana Show, heats up Summer Television programming when it premieres Friday, July 8, on Amazon, iTunes and Google Play. The Show was also picked up by Amazon Prime, launching in August.
Coined the “Shark Tank for Ganjapreneurs,” The Marijuana Show—the first-ever reality show about investing in Cannabis—uncovers crafty ganjapreneurs who are cashing in on the Cannabis Green Rush. Out of hundreds of submissions online to regional auditions, producers find entrepreneurs ranging from a 10-year-old CEO making CBD Dog Bones (legal in all 50 states) to the Boomer entrepreneur who is producing cars out of hemp.
The Marijuana Show is lighting up streaming platforms with a brand new Season. “We created our pilot Season specifically for the web, and after 3 million watched and loved the show, we proved our concept and evolved into Season Two, which is targeted to streaming and network television,” noted Co-Creator Karen Paull.
“If you love Shark Tank and are interested in the Cannabis industry, this will be your new favorite show. Investors love it because we share trends and mistakes to avoid. Entrepreneurs learn how to pitch. The multi-billion dollar industry grew 74 percent in a year and is federally illegal. This is a revolution where the new American dream is realized right in front of your eyes. The whole journey is fascinating and the show is binge-worthy for sure,” said co-creator Wendy Robbins.
The Marijuana Show profiles established Cannabis entrepreneurs pitching their companies to accredited investors. It is different than Shark Tank in that it focused less on the investors and more on the entrepreneurs in the hero’s journey. Through The Marijuana Show’s business accelerator model, the winners have access to millionaire mentors, celebrities, distribution, financing, and can utilize the Show’s extensive global marketing platform to expand their businesses. The Show’s success is a reflection of how lucrative the Cannabis movement has become. Season Two offered $13 million to contestants, and Season Three projects over $20 million. The Cannabis industry is poised to be the next tech boom, and expected to grow to $17.5 billion in 2020.
The Marijuana Show’s creators and producers, two-time Emmy award winning documentary film-maker Wendy Robbins and Broadway producer and writer Karen Paull are veterans in the industry, and also serve as hosts and mentors this season. Karen Paull is the CEO of Sales Guru, LLC, a sales/marketing expert who has brought $20 million in digital advertising revenue to clients. She is also the former VP of sales at Snapfish, where she increased sales by 300 percent, leading to its acquisition by HP for $300 million. Wendy Robbins is the co-inventor of The Tingler head massager ($10 million in sales), and co-starred with Kelly Ripa as her business coach in “Homemade Millionaire.” She is also the bestselling author of Why Marry a Millionaire? Just Be One!
The Marijuana Show has received their own investment of over a million dollars to invest in their parent company Green Equity Media, LLC. The show’s producers have proven their model as a business accelerator by working to mentor and train contestants to ultimately land an investment. At Green Equity Media, the company has a robust online platform where accredited investors, Ganjapreneurs and fans can watch, rate, review and share their favorite pitches; plus accredited investors can invest in a deal or Cannabis equity fund. The Marijuana Show is made possible by sponsors Caregivers for Life, Incredibles, New Frontier Financial, Freedom Market, Westside 420 Recreational, Euflora, Starbuds and Lazy Lion.
SYNOPSIS OF EpisodeS:
● Episode 1: Life in the Fast Lane: Would you drive a car made of Cannabis? Bruce Dietzen (Key West, FL) is the founder of Renew Sports Cars, where the mission is to make cars carbon neutral by 2025. Bruce and his car star in the upcoming docu-series “Cannabis Car” produced by Diana Oliver. Vicky Keeth (Los Angeles) represents a Major Motion Picture and Production Company and plans to launch a Hollywood Comedy targeted towards the Marijuana Industry. Dan Kemmis (Seattle, WA) has launched Vast Display Network, producing the multimedia and digital signage to support store and Cannabis-related businesses, and is looking for financing to launch a digital advertising network. Which of these ganjapreneurs will get the call back, and who will get cut?
● Episode 2: How to Make Your Old Dog Young: Watch this 10-year-old make $5,000 in five minutes! Andi Martin (Phoenix, AZ) dedicates her time to manufacturing CBD products, and helping to educate people about the health benefits of CBD from hemp. Andi has fostered an entrepreneurial spirit in her son, 10-year-old Christopher Martin, with their co-creation of Paw Puddy Pet Treats. With Andi’s husband locked up, thanks to the Prison Industrial Complex, Andi has had to take the lead in this blossoming business. Will they be Lucky Dogs, or end up in the Dog House?
● Episode 3: Why Invest in Cannabis? Samantha Strom (Berkeley, CA) is the founder of a company called Nancy, a monthly subscription box of California-made CBD-rich products that address symptoms of pain and anxiety without the psychoactive effects. Luke Johnson (Alamosa, CO) established Cloud CO Farms to make CBD oil of the highest quality and potency widely available to those who need its healing powers. Luke utilizes organic cultivation practices and non-toxic concentration methods to make this possible. Who will see their hopes bloom?
● Episode 4: What does it take to become a Marijuana Millionaire? Securing a license for a grow or a dispensary can be a very competitive and expensive process, but it can be a lucrative business, with some dispensaries pulling in over $50,000+ a day. Scott Williams (Oahu, HI) got into the industry five years ago when he helped start a dispensary in California, and ran a commercial cultivation operation. Sharon Sample (Baltimore, MD), a NASA retiree and avid quilter, was intrigued by the science and people behind Cannabis, and overcame the perception instilled by “Reefer Madness” to embrace the pot potential. Now she needs the resources to pay a consultant to write an application for a license in Baltimore. Will they cash in on their dreams, or will their hopes go up in smoke?
● Episode 5: Cannabis! Just what the doctor ordered: Imagine if you could save lives and become the next Marijuana Millionaire? Cannabis has naturally, safely and effectively relieved symptoms of epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, PTSD, cancer, kidney stones, dementia and COPD. Dustin Klein (Peoria, AZ) saw a need for facilities in Arizona that are professional, follow HIPAA, and take the whole application process and put it under one roof. He opened his first clinic with less than $10,000. In the first two years in business, Sun Valley MMJ has certified 10,000+ patients, netting almost $300,000 with gross sales nearing $2 million. Is this just what the doctor ordered?
**Screeners are available upon request.**
The Marijuana Show is the first-ever reality show about investing in Cannabis, created and produced by Wendy Robbins and Karen Paull. Now in its third season, #MJRealityShow has connected wanna-be ganjapreneurs with more than $13 million in financing, plus more than $20 million on the line for Season Three. The Marijuana Show is produced by parent company Green Equity Media, LLC, a robust online platform where accredited investors, Ganjapreneurs and fans can watch, rate, review and share their favorite pitches; plus accredited investors can invest in a deal or Cannabis equity fund. For more information, visit www.themarijuanashow.com. Continue the conversation. #MJRealityShow #LegalizeIt. Follow The Marijuana Show on Twitter; Friend us on Facebook; and find us on Instagram.